1. This next year I have a feeling I will eat more fish and less red meat. The latter does not excite me so much at the six P.M. of the present as in six P.M.'s of yore.
2. I find I drink slightly more than I used to, and that this is quite the best thing.
3. I have almost left off smoking altogether. Aside from the evening cigar or clove enjoyed with company now and again, the thing mostly bores me.
4. I have been teaching myself French for a week now, and believe I will be fluent in it before the start of summer.
5. I would have thought #4 would affect #3 differently than it has done. Hmm.
6. I imagine I'll write a book and see it published.
7. I think I will learn to be more decisive at critical junctures than I have been heretofore. This is quite likely.
8. I am pretty sure this is not a critical juncture.
9. I am comfortable with the single life, but have concluded, more or less, that matrimony is the more historically validated position. This may seem obvious to some, but let us examine the two sides:
10. I think I would do well to read more devotional and theological literature. I'm woefully under-read in the church fathers.