Thursday, May 15, 2008

More Quotes

"It has been said that though God cannot alter the past, historians can; it is perhaps because they can be useful to Him in this repect that He tolerates their existence."

"The healthy stomach is nothing if not conservative; few radicals have good digestions."

-Samuel Butler-

". . .fishing I can only compare to a stick and a string, with a worm at one end and a fool at the other."

"I would rather see the portrait of a dog I know, than all the allegorical paintings they can show me in the world."

"All censure of a man's self is oblique praise. It is in order to show how much he can spare."

"That fellow seems to me to possess but one idea, and that is a wrong one."

-Samuel Johnson-

"The virtue which requires to be ever gaurded is scarcely worth the sentinel."

"I hate the French because they are all slaves, and wear wooden shoes."

-Oliver Goldsmith-

No comments: